Ayuda is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing direct legal and social services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Through its offices in Takoma, DC and Falls Church, VA, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues for 43 years and in the process has acquired nationally recognized expertise in immigration law, domestic violence and human trafficking, among other fields.
We are seeking a full-time, bilingual Receptionist/ Intake Specialist in our Falls Church, VA office to support the operation of the organization by maintaining office systems and ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations. In addition, the person selected will assist attorneys and social workers with regular client communication and case management. She/he will also process client billing/invoices and assist in the production of financial reports.
Why you want this job:
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants overcome obstacles in order to succeed and thrive in the United States
- That families should be healthy, united, and safe from harm
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country
- That diversity and equality make this country better
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs
Primary job responsibilities:
- General clerical functions including receiving and directing incoming calls and mail, answering questions about Ayuda’s services, file maintenance and data entry
- Greet clients and visitors to the Ayuda office
- Conduct initial screenings and conflict checks for all potential clients
- Process client invoices and other financial reports in QuickBooks
- Translate documents and forms from Spanish to English
- Assist Attorneys and Social Workers with written and telephonic communication to clients and potential clients
- Maintains the overall condition of the office space, tracks supply inventory and order supplies
- Provide assistance with special projects, such as outreach and research on an as needed basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
How do you know you can do the job?
- Excellent customer service skills; professional demeanor over the phone and in person;
- Proficiency in computer applications of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
- Experience with QuickBooks desired;
- Hands on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers);
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish and English;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations;
- Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- High School degree or GED preferred but not required;
- Previous experience as a front office manager or office administrator a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience plus a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance. All federal holidays and closures observed and paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day.
How to Apply:
Send an email with the subject line “VA Receptionist/ Intake Specialist” and the following documents to Managing Attorney, Victoria Lopez at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. Please no calls.
Ayuda is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. It is Ayuda’s policy to be fair and impartial in all relations with employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.